PHP Sync Server for Firefox/Pale Moon Sync An extension of the Weave-Minimal Server.
More information about the original implementation of this server, past versions, etc. can be found here:
Although the original author has planned further extensions to this implementation, the current state of this server implementation is rather stagnant and missing two important features:
- Delete account from the web
- Reset password from the web (similar to reset inside the client)
Current state is the state as-used by the Pale Moon Sync service, which is v0.16.
If you wish to help complete the missing features, please feel free to clone this repository and make the necessary edits -- kindly submit a pull request after you've tested your changes so it can be merged back in and improve this software!
- Implemented caching for quota totals calculation (#10), dramatically reducing userland CPU.
- Switched off Quota logging (should only be enabled if necessary)
- Improved compatibility with PHP 7
- Fixed an issue with the port being stripped from weave cluster URLs
- Added keeping track of last login of users to cater to pruning the database of stale accounts
- Improved database update efficiency (use INSERT with duplicate key detection)
- Implemented hard quota cap
- Implemented soft quota cap
- Reduced returned server information on error
- Implemented warning level header
Password Change Bug-fix
There has been a bug in FSyncMS v 0.13: if you tried to update your password via Firefox, the wrong hash was written in the Database. As a result the account was no longer usable, but no data should be lost. This update fixes the Bug.
Database upgrade for more information and some migration notice see http://www.ohnekontur.de/2013/07/05/fsyncms-version-0-13-database-upgrade/
Added dedicated setup script, which will create the database and the config file: settings.php
If you want to create it by your own, just generate the settings.php with the following content
<?php //you can disable registration to the firefox sync server here, // by setting ENABLE_REGISTER to false // // //define("ENABLE_REGISTER",false); define("ENABLE_REGISTER", true); //pleas set the URL where firefox clients find the root of // firefox sync server // this should end with a / // define("FSYNCMS_ROOT","https://DOMAIN.de/Folder_und_ggf_/index.php/"); //MYSQL Params define("MYSQL_ENABLE", false); define("MYSQL_HOST","localhost"); define("MYSQL_DB","databaseName"); define("MYSQL_USER", "databaseUserName"); define("MYSQL_PASSWORD", "databaseUserPW"); ?>
FSyncMS v 0.9
Change Password now supported working with firefox 12 (and lower)
Changelog: Added change Password feature
FSyncMS v 0.8
Should be working with firefox 11 and lower (tested with 11)
Changelog: Fixed user registration process, fixed some delete problems