This is a major development update.
Important: It is possible that since 2020.03.04 your browser is no longer checking automatically for updates, due to an oversight in keeping a pre-release preference. You may have to check for updates manually from the About box. Please verify after updating that your updating preferences are set correctly for your use!
- Changed site-specific overrides to use an operating system macro instead of hard-coding a version.
- Changed the way hardware acceleration is set on various operating systems.
- Fixed an incorrect preference preventing automatic updates by default.
- Changed the geolocation service requests to https thanks to a generous service donation by IP-API.com.
- Changed the security storage database type to SQLite.
- Enabled AV1 support in all builds; this was erroneously not built in recent releases.
- Fixed several potential crashes.
- Re-imported the ExtensionStorage js module for use by browser extensions.
- Removed the use of high-resolution Windows system timers from the layout refresh driver; this should help with some performance and battery life issues.
- Fixed an issue with element outlines sometimes being drawn too large.
- Fixed an issue with grid cell sizing.
- Fixed an issue with layout frames (e.g. selection popups) being wrongly positioned.
- Fixed unwanted behavior where created/focused pop-up windows could potentially cover the DOM fullscreen notification, hiding it from users. (CVE-2020-6810)
- Fixed an issue where copying data as a curl request from developer tools would not properly escape parameters. (CVE-2020-6811)
- Updated our sctp library code with several upstream fixes.
- Fixed an issue with the release of document content viewers (CVE-2020-6819). Defense-in-depth.
- Fixed an issue with handling functions with rest parameters. Defense-in-depth.
- Removed HTTP Public Key Pinning (HPKP)
- Removed HSTS preloading list support since these lists are no longer efficient.
Built with the Unified XUL Platform @ 6f6d1f6