For organizational reasons and to make it easier for other developers to build UXP applications, we need to split our applications out into separate repositories and set the build system up to do a comm-like build where application code is application code, and the platform is pulled in as a submodule.
- Clear separation of applications (releases/etc.)
- Independent development possible on arbitrary back-end commits
- Clarity about the platform/application structure for the platform
- Separation of application-specific issues that aren’t necessarily relevant for the platform, and v.v.
- Uniform build procedure for all UXP applications
- Some issues that impact both FE and BE will have to be split, with FE patches including a branch pointer shift.
This should be tackled later in 2019, probably Q4.