Language packs for Pale Moon
This repository holds all of the langage pack files for the Pale Moon web browser.
Pale Moon can be found at http://www.palemoon.org/
This repository serves as the master version control repository for the language packs that are available for the browser.
If you want to contribute, please keep the following guidelines in mind:
- For the localization process we use the collaborative platform from CrowdIn, thanks to their generosity for providing a professional service to Open Source projects free of charge. Please read the introduction for new translators and guide for using the online editor to understand how it works.
- The Pale Moon localization project is located at https://crowdin.com/project/pale-moon. It was initially pre-filled with the data from language packs for Pale Moon 26, which cover about 75% of the required strings for Pale Moon 27.
- As a contributor you can help in the following ways:
- Suggest translations of untranslated strings
- Suggest alternative (more suitable) translations of already-translated strings
- Vote for or against the translated strings (this is required in case you propose alternative translation)
- Do not forget to take advantage of collaboration; see communication with other project participants. This is a powerful feature to find the right answers and resolve issues. You can ask any questions in comments on CrowdIn or in the dedicated thread on forum.
- When translation into a specific language has reached 100%, we need to verify (proof) all strings to finalize the work. To accomplish this task, the translator needs obtain special permission. You can volunteer for this job or recommend someone else among the participants. To attain the best quality translations, the translator and proofreader should not be the same person!
- Since Pale Moon was initially derived from the Mozilla codebase, you can (or even should) use Firefox language packs (version 38 and the latest version) as a general style, wording and terminology reference for translation. But don’t forget to make appropriate changes in the brand names (see how it was already done in other languages).
- The browser name “Pale Moon” should always remain untranslated, in 2-word capitalized form. Other proper names (e.g. Moonchild Productions, Sync, etc) should remain untranslated as well.
- Please keep the tone of your translations neutral and professional. If you have a choice between formal and informal expressive form in your language, use the formal form.
- Please mind the length of your translations. Many of these strings will be used in limited spaces in the browser’s user interface.
- Direct submissions or pull requests to this repository are currently not accepted. Please use CrowdIn to keep things properly organized and channeled.